Workshops / Tours
Announcing MASH TALENT TOUR
Multiple City Talent Development Tour
Calgary, AB – Saturday June 2, 2018
Location: Starchevski School of Ballet
Time: 9 am – 4 pm
Audition Time: 4 pm
Space is Limited
Tour Kick-Off Lloydminster February 10, 2018
More Tour Dates Coming Soon
June 2, 2018
- Learn Industry Skills, Audition Awareness & Practice
- Build Confidence and Character with renowned FTA Faculty Team Professionals
- $110 Workshop Fee – The first 5 registrants get a free FTA T-shirt
- Address: 201, 200 Country Hills Landing NW
- Audition: Free
- Workshop Faculty Members: Kayla Mackenzie, Sarah Makins
- Guest Instructor: Milaina Robinson
What You’ll Learn at our Tour Workshops
- Speed Stretching Techniques
- How To Strike a Pose
- How To Have a Strong Walk & Presence
- Confidence Building
- Face Your Fears
- Speed Learning Techniques
- Performance Quality
- Can You Sing? If not, Here’s How!
- Industry Tips & Secrets
- Modelling and Editorial Basics
- Audition Confidence
- Acting and Monologue Prep
- Jazz & Hip Hop Class
- Industry Q & A with FTA Faculty Team
Meet Our Faculty
FTA is proud to provide the following Faculty Team Professionals
You might recognize Milaina from the big screen! Indeed, Milaina plays Zara on the hit TV show The Next Step! She has also shared the stage with a number of artists such as Sabrina Carpenter, when performing with the cast from the Budweiser Stage for Family Channels Big Ticket Concert! Milaina is also an active participant on the show The Magicians on SyFY.
Milaina was a born dancer! She started dancing at age 3 and was competing at age 4! With a successful competing career, she has been awarded several scholarships and titles that have sent her travelling around the world. She has trained with huge names in the industry such as, Luther Brown, Paul Becker, Sabrina Phillips, Bree Wasylenko to name a few! Milaina is a true fan favourite and we’re thrilled to have her expertise on board.
Sarah C.R. Makins ARAD A.I.S.T.D.
Sarah grew up modelling, dancing and acting, appearing in many local and national television commercials & TV series for Access Network and SCTV including playing “Mandy” on Harriet’s Magic Hats! Sarah has taken many examinations having her Advanced RAD & Associate of I.S.T.D. in classical ballet, Adv ISTD in tap as well as intensive training in: Edmonton, Los Angeles, Las Vegas & New York; in jazz, contemporary, modern, musical theatre and ballroom. She has trained dancers and choreographed in Mexico and the Dominican Republic for numerous resorts.
She is the owner and director of Fame Dance Studios – a chain of 8 studios in Alberta & Sask. With 27 years of teaching, ownership, choreography and master class instructor, Sarah has trained over 50+ graduates to become professional dancers, choreographers, models & studio owners! She has also been an adjudicator for 5-6-7-8 competitions, and continues to inspire everyone who takes her class.
Kathryn Edwards, BMUS
Kathryn Edwards has almost 30 years of performance experience. She began her vocal and drama training early, received her Grade 8 in voice through the Royal Conservatory and continued her training at the University of Regina. While studying classical voice and opera under the tutelage of Soprano Lynn Channing, Kathryn also studied advanced acting classes with renowned actor Kelly Handerek. After receiving her Bachelor of Music in Vocal Performance, Kathryn discovered that her true passion lay in musical theatre and has logged many productions under her belt.
Directing credits include, Honk Jr, Suessical Jr, Annie Jr, Beauty and the Beast Jr, and the Little Mermaid! Kathryn is currently directing The Lion King which will hit the stage March 2018. Kathryn was also second round finalist in the reality TV show How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria, as well as a second-round finalist in the competition to perform at the David Foster Foundation Gala. Clearly very talented and passionate, Kathryn Edwards, is known for successfully teaching and training talented singers and boasts numerous years of experience in both acting and voice.
Meet Kayla Mackenzie, a recording artist, dancer, actor and graduate from the U of C. This fearless vocalist waited 10 years before she was able to record her first single ‘Overdrive‘ for the Kids Cancer Care Foundation with Fashion Calgary, Produced by the Beach Studios, where she then became an artist under the Beach’s ‘Bimini Artist Development Program.‘ She later explored avenues with other producers such as Cugini Records (Ontario) and currently Rocswell (Calgary). This vocalist has been a versatile leader of music creating contributions to teaching and performances for several years. Vocally, Kayla has trained with Elaine Overholt (Toronto), Michelle Minke (Cowtown Opera Founder), Jenn Beaupre and currently Katharine Ardo (New York City). Dance and theatre training was earned from multiple performance opportunities listed below as well as at the U of C. She has ambitiously kept herself a student earning knowledge from experiences such as flying to New York City to audition for ‘Cats’ with Pearl Studios and ‘Wicked‘ with Telsey & Company. Mackenzie was awarded top 200 in Canadian Idol their final year and in 2011, was awarded a C.A.T. Award for ‘Best Actress’ for her performance in RENT. Mackenzie is a humanitarian that strives to make more of a positive impact with her songwriting and coaching.
- Select Performance Credits Include: Jason Blaine, Tracy Lawrence, Aaron Pritchett (Country), Johnny Summers and the Calgary Jazz Orchestra (Jazz), Hopsin, Outlawz, Swollen Members, Merkules, Obie Trice, Moka Only, Juno Award Winner- Dru (Hip Hop/ R&B), Michelle Minke (Opera/ Pop).
- Select Theatre Credits Include: Brush up your Broadway (Simply Theatre) MISCAST, Camp Rock (Storybook Theatre), The Great American Trailer Park Musical, RENT (Cappuccino Music Theatre), West Side Story, Miss Saigon, Chicago, Seussical the Musical (University of Calgary), Fame (Youth Singers of Calgary CAST Program).
- Select Choreography Credits Include: Beauty and the Beast Jr. Spotlight (Storybook Theatre).
- Select Vocal Coaching Credits: Mary Poppins (absolute dance Theatre Inc.), The Little Mermaid (Absolute Dance Inc.).
Contact us today!
Principal Talent Agent
Principal Talent Agent